To ensure graduate students and supervisors experience a mentorship and supervisory relationship that is characterized by:
- Respect, inclusion and support of the whole person
- Continued learning and collaboration by both the supervisor and the graduate student
- Shared responsibility and commitment to advancing academic and professional goals
To support successful mentorship and supervisory relationships.
Our mandate will be achieved by:
- Facilitating conflict resolution within the mentorship and supervisory relationship
- Building capacity through skill development workshops for both graduate students and supervisors
- System navigation and collaboration with other University partners
- Identifying and developing resources that are aligned with best practices in graduate mentorship and supervision
Our commitment to you
- Person-centered and solution-focused approach
- Timely and responsive service
- Essential and up-to-date resources
- Provision of high-quality training
Like what you see?
We are here to support the University of Toronto community in all matters pertaining to graduate mentorship and supervision.